I am not credentialed as a medical doctor or psychotherapist; but I am credentialed by:
- A four-year degree in experiential depression as I lived and learned my way through four years of moderate to major depression, both situational and clinical. By the grace of God, I am now on the other side of depression and have been so for several years.
- During those four years and up to this present day, I have obtained the equivalent of at least a master’s degree in depression from psychiatrists, psychotherapists, counselors, spiritual guides, supportive friends, and much research on depression.
- A member of the National Alliance for Mental Illness (NAMI).
- I’ve taken 38 hours of course work in the concepts, assessments, tools, and planning for depression and continuing study beyond this from an organization called Bipolar in Order.
- Finally, I have taken courses on inner healing, am involved in various depression support groups with NAMI and LinkedIn, publish this blog site, am a coach for those who are depressed, and continue to be a student of myself and the ins and outs of depression.
I have a Master’s Degree in English Literature from the University of Minnesota and have published a fictional novel called TOO LATE IN THE AFTERNOON: ONE MAN’S TRIUMPH OVER DEPRESSION, the last three words of which are the name of this blog site. This book is not an autobiography, but I know of what I write. More information about the book can be found on: www.pyramidpublishers.com and can be purchased as either a hard copy book or an ebook on www.amazon.com and other on-line book sellers.
The Lord has given me a ministry to help those who are depressed, as well as family, friends, and professionals who interact with those struggling with this affliction. As such, I am a life coach for those traveling the lonely and tumultuous journey of depression, a guide on the side so to speak. I can be contacted at email@example.com.
I am married, have two grown children, and reside in the greater Minneapolis area.